Sadly, our homestudy was canceled due to the weather. I was really upset, but decided to make the best of it, and enjoy our family time. I'm so happy it decided to be snowy on the days George has off. We had lots of good family time sledding, watching Christmas movies, baking cookies, and listening to Christmas music. Usually, doing anything "Christmas" before Thanksgiving is a no no in our home, but we just couldn't help ourselves once it began to look a lot like Christmas.
Josiah absolutely loved sledding, but was unable to spend too much time outside because he doesn't have the best snow gear, and no gloves. He was especially upset about not having any nice gloves...we used socks.
Noah liked walking in the snow, but also couldn't take too much of it at one time. He did not like sledding, which came as a huge surprise to me, but tried standing on the sled and snowboarding! He liked that for a little while, but was very happy to come inside and watch Elf. The boys also had a great time baking cookies together!

Today, George had to go back to work, and thankfully, the roads have been plowed/sanded enough that it wasn't a big deal for him to get there. I'm hoping the ice won't be too bad for his drive home tonight! It was 27 degrees last time I heard! For us living in WA, that's COLD!!
During Noah's nap time today, Josiah and I made a Thanksgiving Turkey. We cut out a construction paper turkey, and wrote things we were thankful for on each "feather". The first thing he said he was thankful for for Jesus and God, quickly followed by Grandmas. :) We had a great talk about being thankful for everything God has put in our lives. I love little teaching moments like that!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, Friday is George's Dr. appt, and then Monday is our homestudy! I'm so excited, and hoping the weather holds out!
A few people have mentioned that they are already ordering their Christmas cards. I really need to get on top of this, but with so many exciting things happening at our house, I keep wanting to put it off until we have as much "news" as possible for our yearly letter. *Spoiler Alert* we've got some very exciting news coming up after the homestudy is completed.... (Some of you already know, but others will be surprised! )
I've also made an appointment for Noah to see an audiologist. Two actually. I'm starting to recognize more and more signs pointing to hearing loss, and I'm anxious to hear some news on that as well. That will be happening on December 16th. Please keep us, and especially Noah, in your prayers. It could be nothing, or it could be something. I just want answers at this point. Language (and other things) have become so frustrating for him. It breaks my heart to see my happy little guy get so stressed out!
Okay, more to come, but here is a list of things I am most thankful for: My God, a loving husband who is exactly the perfect person for me, my Josiah who brings so much laughter and joy, my Noah who has the greatest smile and the most adventurous spirit, adoption, a warm house, clothing, too many "extras" to count!!!! We are truly blessed beyond words!
No comments:
Post a Comment