Oh my goodness...she was talking with Josiah, and asked him, "So, who's the boss around here?" and he looked at her and said mischievously, "The monkeys! ........Haha, that's from Toy Story!" What a stinker! We all had a good laugh.
I asked her as she was leaving if we had passed, and she laughed and said a very enthusiastic, "Oh yes!" :)
Now I can share our "big news", but that will be in another post. :)
After our homestudy Josiah goes, "Okay, now let's put up the Christmas tree!" So we spent the rest of our afternoon decorating for Christmas. We had a pretty sad moment though. Noah was helping get the ornaments out, and happened to fling our very special "Our first Christmas" ornament across the room and it shattered. Inside, I was devastated! Josiah kept telling me how sorry he was (even though he didn't do it). I reminded him that it was just a thing. I told him, "I'm really upset that my ornament broke. It has a lot of memories in it! But I would rather loose that object than create a new memory of getting mad about it, instead of having a fun time decorating the tree together." It's just not worth getting mad over an accident!
We also learned that Noah has an affinity for nutcrackers! We lined a whole bunch of them up on the shelves above our kitchen. While in the livingroom I hear this "Hi! Hi! Hi!" coming from the kitchen, and when I went to check it out, Noah was standing there, looking up, waving at the nutcrackers and telling them "hi". So cute!
Once the house was completely decked out to look like Christmas town, we all jumped in the car and headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner. It was a nice relaxing evening, and a great way to end this day!
Also, keeping with the upbeat theme of everything, George will be getting his first Christmas Eve off in three years! (He'll be recovering from a little bit of minor surgery, but hey!) His side always celebrates Christmas on the 24th, so this is really big! It'll be so great to be together as a family. It's been a while!
God is good, and he is continuing to bless our journey towards adding to our family, and for that, we are so grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment