Thursday, November 4, 2010

November is...

Off to a great start!
First, I feel like I should mention that November is Adoption Awareness Month. It's a great time to reflect and rejoice on how many lives have been changed through the blessing of adoption, and to consider the great need for families for children all over the world. So many children are just waiting (waiting!) to be loved and find comfort in a forever family. There are so many children in our own foster care system. And while I know adoption and foster care are NOT for everyone, and not everyone can (or should) adopt/foster; but that doesn't mean you can't help in other ways. If you are at all interested in ways you can help, please feel free to contact me...and no, not everything involves a financial obligation. Simply praying, or spreading the word about waiting children are great ways to get involved. I'd love to talk with anyone wondering what they can do to help!
Okay, so things have been pretty busy over here. Yesterday we got the long awaited phone call from the social worker who will be conducting our homestudy! It is scheduled just before Thanksgiving. I'll be glad to get this very important step in our adoption process out of the way, as it's been holding up everything! As soon as we get an approved homestudy we can send in our dossier (which we are 4 papers away from completing!) and file our I-600A (a petition for a visa for our new addition!). Things continue to progress so smoothly for us, and I remain EVER so grateful to God for blessing us this far! We started watching a great DVD series yesterday as well called, How to heal the attachment challenged, angry and defiant child. Although we are not anticipating any problems with our new addition, we are going to be prepared. So far, I would suggest this DVD series to almost any parent or caregiver. It's so basic, and yet a lot of the concepts get overlooked by parents. I admit, I have learned so much about my own parenting style, and my children through this adoption process. Even if things did happen to fall through with the adoption, I feel like I am a better mother because of the process this far.
We've also been battling some sort of bug over here in the house. Noah had a fever yesterday, and Josiah's got it today, however, besides the relatively high fever (103) Josiah says he feels fine, just cold. You have to know that in our house, 103 is considered a low fever. My boys are known to run HIGH fevers. I feel so bad for them, even though it doesn't seem to bother them. Hopefully this darn bug will be out of our home soon!
November has also been a turning point for me! Its no secret that over the past year I've really put on some weight. Don't get me wrong, I feel much healthier now that I am eating again, but I need to get some stamina! I've decided enough is enough, I've gotta get in better shape. George bought me some awesome running shoes yesterday, and I've been using the elliptical a bunch! My goal is not to loose weight, but to increase endurance and eat healthier. I was reading in a magazine yesterday about a program called From Couch to 5K. And yes, I admit I still need to look up how far 5K is, but it looks like a simple plan to follow, and hopefully it'll work for me! I'm also thinking about pulling out the ol' Wii Fit. I think Josiah might enjoy doing some of the exercises on there with me.
Well, that about covers the first four days of November.

1 comment:

  1. I am sitting here with Andrea and Trevor waiting for the arrival of Sydney;(the very shy baby who likes it right where she is at in mom's tummy). Reading about my number 8 grandbaby. As always you are in my prayers, Love you guy's.
    Grandma Kathy

    ReplyDelete