After the initial shock of walking into a room FULL of brightly colored inflatable bouncy toys and the noise of the inflators, Noah was in heaven! Josiah, on the other hand, was a different story.
Both of the boys were scared at first, but Noah didn't take too long to warm up to the idea that he had total freedom to run, climb, and bounce. He was taking off down two story high slides like a pro!
Josiah was content to keep his feet grounded and run around. He touched one of the bouncy toys (maybe once or twice), but he was more looking forward to lunch at "The Rob" (Red Robin). They had a huge Love Sac (just like ours! I wish we could get it out of storage. Some day!), that he loved sitting on. :)
After bouncing for an hour, we went to lunch. The boys then proceeded to completely loose it. Noah started screaming and fidgeting, so I took him over to play with the arcade games while we waited for our lunch order to arrive. Poor guy was so tired and worn out from all the fun! When lunch finally arrived he must have downed two baskets of french fries. I can't blame him, it's Red Robin fries!
Josiah had a good time, but was a bit overwhelmed by everything, and by the end of lunch he was definitely ready to go veg out with a movie in the car on the way home.
I think one of the biggest things I've learned in the past few years of motherhood is that a mother should not be judged by the behavior of her children, but rather how she handles it. Realizing this, and repeating this to myself has really helped me relax as a mom. I'm beginning to see that I am not the only one who has children who disobey or throw tantrums. (Surprise!) But I am a mom who can keep her cool in public, and pride myself in that.
Going through our adoption training has been such a blessing! I'm learning so much! I've become way less stressed out by the small stuff. Like when my boys act up in a restaurant. :)
Speaking of adoption...our homestudy is MONDAY! Please pray it goes well. I know we'll do fine, but I don't know what to expect, so it's a bit intimidating!
Okay, more later!
No comments:
Post a Comment