Friday, March 29, 2013

Parent Teacher Conference

This week I had the joy of attending my first parent teacher conference for Debbie. It came as no surprise to this proud mama that she is doing fabulous, and has many friends at school. Her therapists say she continues to make good progress, but they're worried about what the summer will bring. I'm going to be contacting Providence again and see if they have a summer program for her. During our conversation I got to thinking about ways we could do therapy at home. We have a gymnastics mat, exercise ball, her walker, and tons of sensory toys, so it got my juices flowing about how I might set up a special therapy room in our house for her. I'm in the process of gathering a bunch of ideas off of Pinterest. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. We're really looking forward to a fun summer, without loosing any of her excellent progress!

So yeah, therapy is going well, and socially she is doing great. She's also starting to talk a lot more, and the teacher said she asks to sing the ABC song every day. She's also started playing with the toy kitchen in the room and making all sorts of yummy dishes, like cheesecake. :) Everyone had such great things to say about Debbie, and it did my heart so much good to hear about the joy she is bringing to the classroom. Of course, it was also noted that she is very spunky and...shall we say...passionate. Her stubbornness was becoming quite an issue a few months ago, but has since become a lot better. She definitely likes things her own way, and is not afraid to make that known. To anyone. And everyone. Ha!

Here's what I wore:


Remember how I told you I love my consignment stores? Well, my top is another item I got for free at a place called Adora Consignment in Burlington. It's a bit of a drive, so I don't get there too often, but it's one of the largest ones we have around here. It's a bit pricey, as far as consignment stores go, but they are pretty picky about the styles they carry, and all of there things are usually very "in".

Well, I'm off to get some rest. It's been absolutely beautiful Spring weather here so the kids and I took a trip to the zoo. Traffic was a mess, and I hate driving, so I'm exhausted. But we had a great time, and the sun felt SOOOOO good! Sadly, I didn't get any pictures, but my mom did, so hopefully she will give some to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment