Yesterday, we went on an outing to Hobby Lobby. Can you believe it was my first time in this amazing store?! I feel like I am the last person in North America to visit this Mecca of craft and decorating supplies. Even my husband has been in there before! But no longer am I in the dark. This place is incredible! They had tons of Fall decorating inspiration, and for less than $40 I bought all of the things I could possibly want for decorating around the house. This included a cute craft for the kids that is very Thanksgivingish, but I couldn't help it. It's just too darn cute!
Here are a few pictures of our new decor!
This is our entry way.
Our mantle. (The Ethiopian painting and reeds in the vases are there year round.) On the left you can see the turkey craft the kids and I painted and put together. The "L" that is barely visible sitting on the bottom ledge was made by my hubby tonight with his new saw. I'm thinking I'll probably wrap it in yarn tonight, or maybe spray paint it. Don't you love when the hubby gets a new toy, and you get all of the benefits! I'm coming up with a ton of great ideas I'm anxious for him to try!
This is the centerpiece on our dining table.
A better shot of the turkey. Each of the kids painted two feathers, and I painted the body.
On the mantle.
We had such a fun time getting the house all cozy for Fall. My boys love to help decorate, and I'm glad they enjoy helping to make out house a home.
Love this time of year!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment