Monday, September 23, 2013

My new ring!

Hello all! I can't believe what a crazy Summer it turned out to be, but now we are getting back into the swing of Fall and routine, and blogging more. :)

My first blog of Fall is going to be a great one. My hubby bought me a setting for my engagement ring diamond! I feel like a teenager again (probably because that's when I got engaged. lol) It's a bit of a long story why I am only just now getting a setting. See, it started out 8 years ago...I had a gorgeous setting, but things kept going wrong with it and the company we got it from (uh hem, Ben Bridge, uh hem) would not honor the warrenty they had promised. After fighting with them for years, we decided to take the diamond to Shane Co and get it set in a solitair, knowing it could be many years before we would buy a new setting for it, but also knowing that NO ONE beats their warrenty! Well, that day has finally arrived! My hubby took me to get my ring "cleaned", and while we were there he asked me if I would like to look at settings. I said yes (of course!) and he pulled out a list from his pocket containing a bunch of rings he had already come in to look at (sneaky!) and had the guy bring them out. I ended up choosing the same one he had chosen as his top favorite! He said he almost just bought it and surprised me, but after all the trouble we had with the last one, he wanted to make sure I had the chance to pick.

We both liked this one because of the intricate detailing. It's so unique; I don't think I've ever seen anyone with one like it!

So, I am going to show it off like a newly engaged bride-to-be, since that is how excited I am! Please indulge me for a moment:





After uploading my photos I can see that time has changed my hands a bit, and aged them by almost a decade. (Yikes!)

I have to say, the ring was definitely worth the wait. It's stunning! The pictures hardly do it justice. You just can't catch the sparkle with a camera. It seriously catches the light from all angles. My man spoils the heck out of me! What a blessing he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment