I read a blog post the other day from a very special person. She is a mother of 12, most of which were adopted. She has been an incredible inspiration to me. In fact, this is the woman who I can thank for giving me the encouragement and insight to adopt a special needs child. She is amazing to say the least. She has a blog that I've been reading for over a year that gives great insight into her life. She is honest and eloquent in her writing. So, back to the post. She was writing about limits and happiness. So often we think "if only". If only my adoption were complete...this is the big one I've been saying a lot. If only Deborah were here, then I could relax, then I would be happy, then life can go on! Yes, I do feel like I'm in a constant state of looking ahead. Adoption is good for that! But today I'm trying to focus on everything around me and where I am at this exact moment in my life. In fact, at this exact moment, I have been entrusted with the care of five children. Four are watching a movie, while one is playing on the computer upstairs. (I can't even believe it actually, that I have a moment to myself, but I'll take it!)
My life is not pointless today just because Deborah Joy is not with me. I have fed, taught, and disciplined today. I have advocated for my daughter who is away from me right now. I am exactly where God has put me. I need to try to do my best with what I've been entrusted with.
I keep loosing my train of thought actually because I keep having to intercede fights between these dear little ones...perhaps I should try writing later this evening. Until then, I will choose to be happy making a difference where I am at! :)
More later when I can concentrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment